The Viega World project is an ambitious development located in Attendorn, Germany. The project is a state-of-the-art facility that aims to provide training and education for professionals in the plumbing and heating industry. The project is designed to be a sustainable and energy-efficient development with several key features including:
- The building’s design focuses on energy efficiency and sustainability, with features such as a green roof, solar panels, and a geothermal heating and cooling system.
- The center also boasts a modern, open-plan layout that promotes collaboration and learning.
- The Viega World project has been awarded with a preliminary platinum certification by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) for its exceptional performance in areas such as energy efficiency, environmental impact, and indoor environmental quality.
- The project’s heating and cooling system, which is based on geothermal energy, is an innovative technology.
- The project also includes a rainwater harvesting system and a green roof, which helps to reduce the urban heat island effect and improve air quality.
- The project is an excellent example of how sustainable building practices can be integrated into a modern, functional design.
- The center’s innovative technologies and materials, as well as its commitment to energy efficiency and environmental protection, have earned it a well-deserved preliminary platinum certification from the DGNB.